Skip to Main Content

H-2A Temporary Agricultural Guest Worker Program

Each year, many U.S. farmers struggle to find a willing and qualified supply of U.S. workers to meet their business needs.  In response to this dilemma, the federal government has created the Temporary Agricultural Guest Worker Program, which is commonly known as H-2A.  Under H-2A, qualifying employers who anticipate a shortage of domestic agricultural workers may petition the federal government for permission to bring nonimmigrant foreign workers into the U.S. for temporary or seasonal agricultural employment.  This guide is intended to represent a collection of legal resources relating to the H-2A program.  While the Center for Agricultural and Shale Law makes every effort to maintain and update the content furnished in this guide, no warranty or other guarantee is made regarding the timeliness or accuracy of any information provided. 

For more information, please contact the Guide Author, Sean High, Staff Attorney at The Center for Agricultural and Shale Law.  

Phone: (814) 865-5017


The Center for Agricultural and Shale Law

Penn State Law

The Pennsylvania State University

329 Innovation Blvd., Suite 118

University Park, PA 16803

Phone: (814) 865-4290

Fax: (814) 865-3851